27 Jan 2010
Malt Maniacs Awards 2009
Posted by: Ruben In: * News
It has been a while since the Malt Maniacs Awards 2009 were announced, so it’s time we investigate the bottlings that won this year’s awards.
These releases won a Gold Award:
- Glen Grant 36yo 1972/2009 (56,3%, Duncan Taylor for The Whisky Fair)
- Karuizawa 1972/2008 (65%, cask #7290)
- GlenDronach 37yo 1972/2009 (53,3%, OB for LMdW, cask #705)
- Bunnahabhain 35yo 1974/2009 (56,6%, Adelphi)
- Yoichi 1991/2009 (58%, OB for LMdW, cask #129374)
- Hakushu 1989/2009 (62%, OB for TWE, cask #9O 50021)
- Macallan 1970/2009 (46%, G&M Speymalt for LMdW, cask #8326)
Some of them have already been reviewed here but I’ll fill in the missing pieces in the next couple of days. This promises to be a week with high scores!