Irish Malt 1993 & Bowmore 1998 – The Whisky Agency for TWE
The Whisky Agency will release two whiskies exclusively bottled for The Whisky Exchange. Both focus on the fruitier end of the spectrum:
- Irish single malt 1993 (24yo, matured in a barrel, 48.2%) – € 315
- Bowmore 1998 (19yo, matured in a butt, 48.8%) – € 250
I will publish my review early next week, but I can already tell you both whiskies have generous tropical fruit notes. Keep your eyes peeled, it’s easy to predict they won’t last long.
Game of Thrones single malt whisky
Diageo has released a short film on social media announcing a Game of Thrones single malt collection. If will feature eight whiskies:
- Lagavulin 9 Year Old ‘House Lannister’ (46%)
- Oban Bay Reserve ‘The Night’s Watch’ (43%)
- Talisker Select Reserve ‘House Greyjoy’ (45.8%)
- Singleton of Glendullan Select ‘House Tully’ (40%)
- Cardhu Gold Reserve ‘House Targaryen’ (40%)
- Royal Lochnagar 12 Years ‘House Baratheon’ (40%)
- Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost ‘House Stark’ (43%)
- Clynelish Reserve ‘House Tyrell’ (51.2%)
It seems some of these are existing expressions in a new disguise. Others, like the Lagavulin and Clynelish, will probably be more popular as they are entirely new. All are expected in the Winter of 2018.
Some time ago Diageo already announced a Johnnie Walker ‘White Walker’ for Game of Thrones.
Compass Box Juveniles
Compass Box Juveniles is a new limited edition, a blended malt created for the Juveniles Bistrot à Vins in Paris.
They have collaborated several times and this new edition contains malt whisky from 4 distilleries: Strathmill (34%), Balmenach (34%), Clynelish (30%) and Glendullan (2%). It will be bottled in September 2018, nearly 15000 bottles are planned.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…