Deanston Dragon’s Milk Stout Cask Finish
Deanston is working on an interesting finished expression. The upcoming Deanston Stout Cask Finish uses barrels from Dragon’s Milk, a stout beer from the New Holland Brewing Company in Michigan which uses bourbon barrels for maturation. These are then passed on to Deanston for a six month finish. Bottled at 50,5% ABV and judging by the provenance of the casks, this could be a US exclusive.
Port Charlotte Islay Barley 2012
This limited yearly edition of Port Charlotte only uses barley from local Islay farmers. A terroir whisky, and soon the 2012 edition will be available, bottled at 50% ABV.
As a side note, Bruichladdich will soon also release the Black Art 07.1, a 25 year-old version distilled in 1994. Only 8500 bottles, 48,4% ABV.
Wolfburn Small Batch 375
The latest releases in the Small Batch series from Wolfburn is the Wolfburn Small Batch 375. It is made with unpeated spirit, matured in half-size first-fill bourbon barrels of only 100 litres, as well as second-fill Oloroso sherry hogsheads. Around 4 years old and bottled at 46%.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Compass Box Tobias & The Angel
- Benromach Peat Smoke Sherry Cask 2010
- Loch Lomond 19 Year Old ‘Royal Portrush)
- Lochindaal 9 Year Old (TBWC)
- Glen Scotia 2006 single cask #98
- Tamdhu 15 Year Old
- Midleton Very Rare 2018 edition
- Ardbeg & Mortlach Double Barrel (Green Welly exclusive)
- Old Pulteney 2004 single cask (Green Welly exclusive)
- GlenDronach 2005 cask #1311 (Green Welly exclusive)
- Anniversary Malt Second Edition 1993 (Daily Dram)
- Benromach 1977 Heritage