Not a lot of whisky news to announce this week, although of course there was the official presentation of the Diageo Special Releases 2019, with prices.
Longrow 21 Year Old
An upcoming release from Springbank Distillers: Longrow 21 Year Old, a well-aged version of their double-distilled heavily peated expression, now in its 2019 edition. It is bottled at 46% ABV from a mixture of ex-bourbon and ex-sherry casks. Starting to arrive in UK stores as we speak.
Kilchoman 2010 vintage
Kilchoman presented the fourth and final release for 2019, the Kilchoman 2010 vintage. It is a vatting of 42 bourbon barrels and 3 Oloroso sherry butts, bottled at 48% ABV.
Whisky that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Whisky of the Year judging set
- GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 8
- Highland Park Esquire (TWS exclusive)
- New GlenAllachie single casks (Batch #2)
- Vega 22 Year Old (North Star Spirits)
- Sirius 31 Year Old (North Star Spirits)
- Cambus 1993 (sherry cask #48094 – James Eadie)
- GlenAllachie 2008 cask #586 (UK exclusive)
- Blair Athol 1995 cask #17194 (First Editions)
- Benromach 1969 50 Year Old