Signatory Vintage – Whisky Exchange exclusives
The Whisky Exchange has a long history with independent bottler Signatory Vintage and they’ve just presented the latest batch of exclusive bottlings in the Un-Chillfiltered range:
- Mortlach 2008 – bourbon barrel #8000109 (57.1%, 177 btl., £ 74)
Rich and fruity, from an unusual type of cask for this distillery.
Check my review
- Glenlivet 2007 – sherry cask #900243 (65.3%, 625 btl., £ 100)
A first-fill sherry bomb like we’ve seen before for TWE
- Longmorn 2002 – bourbon cask #800638 (56.2%, 229 btl., £ 135)
Fruity but with a dark side
On sale Tuesday 8th September.
Coleburn 1972 (Gordon & MacPhail 125th Anniversary)
Gordon & MacPhail is celebrating its 125th Anniversary this year and they will celebrate with a 4-part series of very old expressions, bottled from the last remaining casks they have from rare distilleries.
The first release is a Coleburn 1972 cask #3511, bottled after 47 years of maturation in a single sherry puncheon, with just 363 bottles available. It comes at a stunning cask strength 62.4% ABV.
Benromach 45 Year Old
Benromach is about to release a 45 year-old and it looks like they will still use the old dumpy bottles for these kind of special releases. At least for now. It looks a little funny though with the old logo, I’m sure this will get an overhaul in the future.
It is bottled at 42.1% ABV and the label mentions rich sherry with fudge and citrus, milk chocolate and a delicate wisp of smoke.
Hunter Laing Hepburn’s Choice
Hunter Laing presented a new design for its Hepburn’s Choice series. It looks quite refreshing, with a graphical style and bold colours that are rarely seen in whisky. Each colour represents a Scottish region. All bottlings are released at 46%, the first range includes 8-13 year old whisky.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Caol Ila 40 Years 1979 cask #13741 (Douglas Laing)
- Bowmore 1995 (Douglas Laing XOP)
- Craigellachie 39 Years 1980 cask #2037 – Exceptional Casks
- Edradour 2010 ‘We Have Arrived’ (TWB exclusive)
- Inchmurrin 12 Year Old (new design)
- Loch Lomond 30 Year Old
- Kavalan Solist 2010 Fino Sherry Cask #028A
- Tomatin 25 Years 1995 cask #13909 (Douglas Laing)
- Foursquare Diadem 12 Year Old (TWE exclusive)