Velvet Fig 25 Year Old
Wemyss Malts has introduced a limited edition Velvet Fig 25 Years, a combination of 5 ex-sherry hogsheads (1994 Speyside + Highlands whisky) and 15 ex-sherry hogsheads (Bunnahabhain 1988). All these casks were married in 14 refill hogsheads for 16 months.
The price of around € 150 is quite fair considering the age (with the majority in fact older than 30 Years). Only available to Cask Club members from the Wemyss website. Registration is free.
Inchmurrin 2010 + Whistlepig 10 Years (TWE exclusives)
The Whisky Exchange released two new exclusive bottlings. The first is a fruity Inchmurrin 2010 single cask #2493 (expect banana, mango and honey).
Wolfburn Small Batch 155
The most northernly distillery in Scotland presented its Small Batch 155, which matured for five years in first-fill bourbon barrels and was then transferred to Port casks for a 6-month finish.
A total of 5300 bottles will be available shortly.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Daftmill 2008 Summer Release
- Springbank 12 Year Old (2020 edition)
- Bowmore 2001 cask #106 (Signatory Vintage)
- Aberlour 20 Year Old Sherry Cask
- Sherry Style 2001 (The Whisky Agency)
- Smoky Style 2007 (The Whisky Agency)
- Crabbie 15 Year Old
- Glen Albyn 1979 Gordon & MacPhail
- The Macallan Archival Series – Folio 5