Glenmorangie A Tale of Winter
Glenmorangie A Tale of Winter is the liquid counterpart of a Christmas jumper. This 13 year old whisky was finished in ex-Marsala wine casks from Sicily. Bottled at just 45% though. Available for around £ 75 / € 85.
Bowmore No Corners To Hide
Bowmore introduced No Corners To Hide, the first release in a series inspired by the legends of Islay. They collaborated with graphic artist Frank Quitely to design the packaging of two expressions:
- Bowmore 32 Year Old (666 bottles at 47.3% ABV, around € 2600)
- Bowmore 23 Year Old (6666 bottles at 51.5% ABV, around € 350)
The whisky started in American oak hogsheads but it was finished for two years in Essencia barriques, made of a rare ‘rose oak’ dating back to the 1830s. The bottle comes in a large box which also features an exclusive hand signed print by the artist. Both are available in travel retail and at the distillery.
Single Malts of Scotland – Reserve Casks Parcel No. 6
From Elixir Distillers comes Reserve Casks Parcel 6 in the Single Malts of Scotland series. It consists of three expressions that were bottled at the beginning of 2021, but haven’t appeared until now. I’ll review them next week.
- A Speyside Distillery 12 Years 2008
- Glencadam 10 Years 2011
- Blair Athol 10 Years 2011
Johnnie Walker Blue Label – Ghost & Rare Pittivaich
After Blue Label releases composed around ‘lost’ distilleries like Brora, Port Ellen, Glenury Royal and others, there is a new Johnnie Walker Blue Label – Ghost & Rare Pittyvaich. Alongside Pittyvaich this also includes casks from other ‘ghost’ distilleries Port Dundas and Carsebridge.
It will be available by the end of October for around $ 350 / € 280.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Highland Park 15 Years Viking Heart
- Longmorn 2005 Reserve Collection – first-fill sherry
- Glentauchers 2006 Reserve Collection – first-fill sherry
- The Glenturret 25 Year Old (2021)
- Blended Malt 2001 (Whisky Trail)
- Strathmill 22 Year Old (TBWC)
- Tullibardine 28 Years 1993 (Berry Bros)
- GlenAllachie 2008 Sherry butt #900854 (Berry Bros)
- Foursquare 2010 Sauternes cask (Berry Bros)