Ardbeg Twenty Something 22 Years
Ardbeg Twenty Something is turning into a series. After the 23 Year Old there’s now evidence of an upcoming Ardbeg Twenty Something 22 Years. It will be bottled in July from a handful of bourbon casks at 46.4% ABV. The launch can be expected in September – October and the price will supposedly be around € 500 again.
Tamdhu Dalbeallie Dram
Tamdhu Dalbeallie Dram is a limited edition for this year’s Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival (3-7 May). Matured in Oloroso casks and bottled at cask strength, it honours Dalbeallie train station, and the part the Victorian railway played in receiving Tamdhu’s precious sherry oak casks from Spain. There will be 1000 bottles – RRP £ 90, only at the distillery.
Aberfeldy 16 Years Madeira
Aberfeldy is working on a 16 years old Madeira finish, adding hints of baked apples and cinnamon to the spirit. This will be a 1 litre bottle, so probably a travel retail exclusive.
Big Peat Feis Ile 2018
Like last year, Douglas Laing will launch a Big Peat Feis Ile 2018 edition during the famous Islay festival. They’ve produced 3000 bottles at 48% ABV. The gift tube comes with a set of stickers – they invite you to decorate the packaging yourself and share the result on social media.
This limited edition will be available from global retailers later this month for around € 55.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Highland Park The Light 17 Years
- A whole bunch of new Boutique-y Whisky releases
- Around 35 new Signatory bottlings at TWB
- Glen Elgin 1997 first-fill sherry (from the new Gordon & MacPhail series)
- BenRiach Cask Strength Batch #2
- Springbank 1991 cask #314 (Kingsbury)
- Kilchoman Port Matured 2018 and Kilchoman Loch Gorm 2018
- Gonzalez Byass Alfonso Oloroso – a special Oloroso sherry, more info here