Redbreast Dream Cask 20 Years ‘Pedro Ximénez Edition’
Today Redbreast announced its second Dream Cask – Pedro Ximénez Edition. Selected by Master Blender Billy Leighton, its was matured in Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks as well as bourbon barrels, all destined for the Redbreast 21. The components were then married and recasked into a Pedro Ximénez seasoned sherry butt (a first for Midleton) for a dream ending.
It is bottled from cask #374932 at 20 years of age. Only 924 bottles (50 cl) will be available for € 380. You’ll be able to buy this from the Birdhouse section on the Redbreast website on Monday 27th May at 3pm.
Update: read my Redbreast Dream Cask PX Edition tasting notes.
Kilbeggan Select Batch 17 Years
Also from Ireland comes a new Kilbeggan Select Batch series, which will feature small batch grain whisky, among the oldest Irish single grains ever released.
The concept label mentions a 17 Year Old from bourbon wood, bottled at approximately 58% ABV but final details may be different.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Coleburn 1981 (Gordon & MacPhail Private Collection)
- All Islay Blended Malt (Feis Ile 2019)
- Bowmore 17 Years (Old Malt Cask – Feis Ile 2019)
- Ben Nevis 1991 (Signatory Vintage)
- Glen Elgin 1995 (Signatory Vintage)
- Teeling 30 Year Old Vintage Reserve
- Big Peat Feis Ile 2019 edition
- Highland Park 1989 (G&M Connoisseurs Choice)
- Caol Ila 2005 (G&M Connoisseurs Choice)
- Father’s Day whisky sample set