Compass Box Hedonism Felicitas
This must be the first whisky release that mentions the extraordinary change to all of our lives on the back label. Compass Box Hedonism Felicitas celebrates the 20th anniversary of the company. It will be bottled in July 2020.
It is a blend of three grain whiskies distilled in three different decades:
- 33.1% of Strathclyde (first-fill bourbon)
- 44.1% of Port Dundas (refill sherry butt)
- 22.8% of North British (recharred barrels)
Benromach 10 Years & 15 Years (new presentation)
La Maison du Whisky accidentally leaked two pictures of the new Benromach whisky presentation last week. We’re seeing the 10 Years and 15 Years. Both say exclusively first-fill cask matured so they’re looking to stress this key characteristic further for the core range.
The first reactions on social media tend to the negative side as far as I can tell…
Update: the design has now officially been presented. Even the biggest fans of the distillery are asking them to seriously reconsider the change!
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Orkney 2000 (Thompson Brothers)
- Laphroaig 10 Years Cask Strength Batch #012
- Teeling 28 Year Old Vintage Reserve
- Caol Ila 2010 sherry cask (Signatory Vintage)
- Bunnahabhain 44 Year Old Director’s Special
- Bowmore 1997 (Infrequent Flyers)
- Glen Keith 1994 (Berry Bros. & Rudd)
- Clynelish 1995 refill sherry (Signatory Vintage)
- Imperial 28 Year Old Marriage (review coming soon)
- Glengoyne Teapot Dram Batch #007
- Ardbeg Blaaack