Talisker Elements 27 Year Old
Talisker announces the release of Talisker Elements 27 Year Old, a new triple matured cask strength bottle. First it stayed in refill casks, then a second maturation in heavily-charred casks and a final marrying period in old European oak puncheons.
You can only get this Talisker whisky at the distillery, for £ 495. Just 2000 bottles are available at a strength of 58% ABV.
Benriach Quarter cask / Triple distilled
Benriach revised its travel retail line-up and presents two pairs of new whiskies. The first pair is matured in small quarter casks, the other celebrates the distillery’s tradition of producing one batch of triple distilled whisky each year.
- Benriach Quarter Cask (46%, £ 36)
- Benriach Smoky Quarter Cask (46%, £ 36)
- Benriach Triple Distilled 10 Year Old (43%, £ 40)
- Benriach Triple Distilled 22 Year Old (46.8%, £ 129)
This 22 Year Old is Benriach’s oldest triple distilled expression so far. Consequently I think the price is quite fair.
Jameson Crested X Eight Degrees Brewing
Jameson is taking its long-standing collaboration with Eight Degrees Brewing further. They created a third edition in the Jameson Crested series.
Jameson Crested finished in Barleywine Irish Oak Barrels is a limited edition, rested for twelve weeks in these beer casks. First the beer matured in Jameson barrels for their Original Gravity series. Then these casks were re-used to create a beer-infused whiskey. This expression comes at a strength of 48% ABV with around 10.000 bottles at € 50.
The Glenlivet Distillery Reserve Collection
Speyside distillery The Glenlivet adds three new distillery exclusives to the Distillery Reserve Collection. You can buy them at the visitor centre but also from the website. Mind that all are 50 cl bottles.
- The Glenlivet Distillery Reserve Collection 10 Years, first-fill sherry cask, 59.1% ABV, £ 70
- The Glenlivet Distillery Reserve Collection 14 Years, first-fill sherry cask, 61.9% ABV, £ 90
- The Glenlivet Distillery Reserve Collection 22 Years, first-fill American oak cask, 52.1% ABV, £ 175
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Jura 28 Years 1993 (Mossburn Vintage Casks)
- Springbank 22 Years 1999 (Mossburn Vintage Casks)
- Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 10
- North British 1991 Sherry Cask (Signatory Vintage)
- Bunnahabhain 2012 Sherry Cask (Signatory Vintage)
- Glencadam 25 Years 1996 Sauternes Cask
- Glen Keith 1991 Xtra Old Particular
- Glendalough 25 Year Old
- Lindores Abbey – The Cask of Lindores STR
- Tamdhu Distinction Release 01