Highland Park 21 Year Old (August 2019)
Highland Park has a new edition of its 21 Year Old expression. It is made using six first-fill sherry seasoned hogsheads (EU oak), four first-fill sherry seasoned American oak casks and five refill casks.
It is bottled at 46% ABV and presented in a new box that has August 2019 release quite prominently on the packaging. It costs around € 260 per bottle.
Laphroaig 25 Years ‘Bessie Williamson’
Together with the Laphroaig 30 Years ‘Ian Hunter’ there is now a Laphroaig 25 Years ‘Bessie Williamson’, named after the female distillery manager. It is a travel retail expression bottled at 43% ABV and presented in the same book case. Retail price is around € 450.
Glenmorangie travel retail
Glenmorangie renews its travel retail range with three expressions:
- Glenmorangie The Accord 12 Years (€ 55), matured in bourbon and Oloroso casks
- Glenmorangie The Elementa 14 Years (€ 75), matured in bourbon and finished in new charred oak casks
- Glenmorangie The Tribute 16 Years (€ 115), a lightly peated spirit (like in the old days) aged in bourbon casks
Whisky that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Longmorn 1996 (Signatory for TWE – first-fill sherry cask)
- Old Pulteney 16 Year Old
- Old Pulteney 199 (G&M Connoisseurs Choice – first-fill sherry)
- E.H. Taylor bourbon
- Dailuaine 1997 (Signatory for TWE)
- Malt Whisky Yearbook 2020
- Bruichladdich 25 Years Black Art 7.1
- Deanston 2008 (Signatory for TWE – sherry cask)
- Octomore Oc6 (Elements of Islay)