I hope you enjoyed 2009 as much as I did and I wish everyone a happy new year full of interesting whisky releases!
The start of a new year is always a reason to look back. A quick look at Google Analytics reveals a lot of data:
- Ardbeg, Laphroaig and Highland Park were the most visited brands on my blog last year.
- Laphroaig Triple Wood was the most popular release. Ardbeg Corryvreckan came in second (only half the number of visits though).
Personally, I would choose other releases as the highlights of my year. They may not have received the highest scores, but they were surprisingly interesting in some way or another:
- Brora 30yo 1976 by Douglas Laing of course
- BenRiach 39yo 1970 (PX finish cask 1035)
- Mannochmore 18yo 1990
- Glenugie 27yo 1982 by Douglas Laing
- Ardbeg 1998 single cask #1189
- Springbank 21yo (not a 2009 release, but still a discovery for me)