Highland Park Søren Solkær
Søren Solkær is a Danish photographer who did a photography session at the Highland Park distillery in 2017. Now they’re celebrating this partnership and his 26th working anniversary with the release of a Highland Park 26 Year Old.
It is said to be rich, sweet and spicy revealing complex layers of flavour throughnotes of cloves, cardamom and raisins, overlaid with light, heathery peat smoke. At least some sherry cask influence, I suppose? Could be really nice at this age.
Aberlour A’Bunadh Alba
Aberlour is working on a 100% bourbon oak version of its popular A’Bunadh, called Aberlour A’Bunadh Alba. It will be bottled at cask strength in different batches.
Craigellachie Private Stock
Douglas Laing introduced a Craigellachie 23 Year Old in their new Private Stock series. It is bottled at cask strength 56% from a sherry cask. Only 104 bottles are available from Douglas Laing direct – € 225.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Glenfiddich Fire & Cane – Experimental Series
- Old Perth 41 Years 1977 (Carn Mòr)
- GlenDronach 1992 cask #8314 (TWB exclusive)
- GlenDronach 1992 cask #8315 (TWB exclusive)
- Highland Park 2002 single cask #3374 (Loch Fyne exclusive)
- Glenburgie 1988 (Connoisseur’s Choice)
- GlenAllachie 1989 single cask #1000073
- Springbank 22 Years (TBWC)
- Rosebank 28 Years (TBWC)
- Macallan 30 Years (TBWC)
- The Lost Distilleries Blend (Batch #11)
- Japanese Blended Whisky 21 Years (TBWC)