Caperdonich 25 Year Old & 30 Year Old
Chivas Brothers unveiled the Caperdonich 25 Years and Caperdonich 30 Years, two remaining expressions in its Secret Speyside collection available in travel retail only.
The 25 Years is peated (45.5% ABV cask strength), the 30 Years is a classic unpeated expression (51.1% ABV). Both are bottled from first-fill bourbon barrels. The oldest expression will cost around € 900, the younger one will set you back around € 450.
Blair Athol Distillery Exclusive
It seems Diageo is working hard on distillery exclusive bottlings. In the past few months we already had new releases from Oban, Cragganmore, Glenkinchie, Glen Ord, Clynelish and Royal Lochnagar, now they launch a Blair Athol Distillery Exclusive.
It is matured in refill, rejuvenated and ex-bourbon casks and 6000 bottles at 48% ABV will be available for around € 105. It says Batch 01 on the label so this will probably become an ongoing series.
Powers Irish Whiskey
Powers has unveiled a new identity for its Irish whiskey range. It will debut in March on the Three Swallow and John Lane expressions and later on the Gold Label.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Kavalan 2011 Rum Cask (TWE exclusive)
- Highland Park 1991 sherry (Signatory)
- Highland Park 30yo 1989 (Cadenhead)
- Port Charlotte 10 Years Oloroso (Maltman)
- Bimber First release (sample)
- Teeling 18 Year Old – Renaissance series 1
- Macallan Sherry Oak 18 Year Old 1990
- Bruichladdich 2003 Single Cask (Master of Malt)
- Glenlivet Triple Cask
- Benromach Organic 2011