Highland Park Cask Strength
Highland Park will soon release a cask strength version of its single malt. Highland Park Cask Strength comes in batches, with batch #1 bottled at 63.3% ABV. Instead of the usual silver accent, the label has a rusty edge.
It was matured predominantly in sherry seasoned American oak casks. Available in October 2020 for around € 65.
Arran Kildonan & Pladda Island
The third installment in the Explorers Series is the Arran Kildonan & Pladda Island, a 21 years old single malt matured in sherry butts, puncheons and Ruby Port Pipes. Bottled at 50.4% ABV and limited to 9000 bottles.
The colour is actually a bit darker than in the picture, I hear the Port casks are taking the upper hand.
It was already available from the Arran online shop and now it’s also available from The Whisky Exchange and other shops.
Tullibardine Artisan / Tullibardine 12 Years
Tullibardine will be releasing two new expressions: Tullibardine Artisan is a NAS release, matured in ex-bourbon casks and bottled at 40% ABV. Totally boring.
Then there’s Tullibardine 12 Year Old, aged in first-fill bourbon casks and also bottled at 40% ABV. Come on…
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Clynelish 1995 Signatory for TWE cask #8677
- Tomatin 36 Year Old (Batch #6)
- Peat’s Beast 34 Years 1985 (cognac cask)
- Glenglassaugh 2011 Rum cask (TyndrumWhisky exclusive)
- Imperial 1989 30 Years (Hunter Laing Old & Rare)
- Port Charlotte 2010 OLC:01 Heavily peated
- Teeling Brabazon series 3
- Kilchoman Am Bùrach
- Crabbie 25 Year Old 1994
- Quercus & Palomino & Oxidation & Sitting 8 Years