GlenAllachie 30 Year Old (Batch Two)
The GlenAllachie released the second batch of its GlenAllachie 30 Year Old. Like the previous edition, this comes at cask strength 50.8% and is a combination of PX, Oloroso and virgin oak casks. Only 2000 bottles become available worldwide. Being an annual small batch release, we can expect batch three in 2023.
We already found it at Master of Malt (but apparently they’re waiting for new stock)
Glen Scotia redesign
Campbeltown distillery Glen Scotia unveils its new bottle and packaging design. Both the bottle shape and label design are finetuned, introducing bolder shades of gold, combined with deep aqua and emerald green as well as other colours.
Some of the new bottles are already available from the distillery shop and will probably arrive in stores in the coming weeks.
Jura Feis Ile 2022 – Distillery Cask
While Feis Ile 2022 is progressing on Islay, Jura distillery presents the festival bottling which was first available during its open day on Friday. Bottled from refill sherry butt #1592, this 2007 vintage comes at 57.2% ABV and promises a rich and fruity character. It cost £ 120 but all available bottles are gone from the online shop.
Starward 2016 Apera (The Bonding Dram & Whivie)
Belgian retailer The Bonding Dram and whisky / Star
Ward Wars experts Whivie introduced a joint bottling. It is an Australian Starward 2016 from a single Apera cask #1855. We tried a sister cask bottled for LMdW not so long ago (mind that the Belgian version appears to be a darker first fill barrel).
You can already order this bottle from The Bonding Dram.
Last but not least, here are some things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Macallan 1989 Sherry cask #6690 (Samaroli)
- Caol Ila 2010 Sherry (Artist Collective)
- Talisker 44 Years Expedition Oak – Edition II
- Foursquare Elysium 12 Years (TWE exclusive)
- Caroni 24 Year Old (That Boutique-y Rum Co)
- Periodical Glen Moray 15 Years (North Star Spirits)
- Glencadam 1998 (Fernando de Castilla ex-solera PX cask)
- GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 10
- Isle of Raasay Batch R-01.1
- Kilchoman Loch Gorm 2022 edition
- Invergordon 1991 XOP Black (TyndrumWhisky exclusive)
- Annandale 2015 Oloroso (TWB Anniversary exclusive)