Ardbeg Wee Beastie 5 Years
“A Monster of a Dram” says Ardbeg about its upcoming 5 years old Ardbeg Wee Beastie. It will be bottled at 47.4% ABV and is expected to land in stores early May for about € 45, probably as a core range expression.
Redbreast 27 Years Ruby Port
The latest Redbreast release is inspired by the Douro valley. Redbreast 27 Years contains some ruby Port casks (Iberian oak) and it’s now the oldest permanent expression in the core range, bottled at cask strength. Every batch will have slight differences. Available now in 11 markets for around € 500.
Single Malts of Scotland – US Batch 1
For the first time a batch of Single Malts of Scotland bottlings will be distributed exclusively in the US. Four of them will be launching in California in March and later in other States. In total 10 single casks will be released by ImpEx in the next few months.
The first selection is pretty impressive:
- Glenburgie 21 Years 1998 (55.2%, hogshead #900896, 251 btl.) – $ 200
- Ben Nevis 23 Years 1996 (52.7%, sherry butt #1479, 405 btl.) – $ 260
- Glenrothes 30 Years 1989 (41.9%, hogshead #18177, 92 btl.) – $ 300
- Imperial 30 Years 1989 (43.3%, barrel #362, 172 btl.) – $ 350
I have samples on my desk, expect my reviews soon.
Things that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- GlenDronach 1992 cask #5852 (Whisky Shop exclusive)
- Benromach 2011 Sherry Cask (TWE exclusive)
- Port Ellen 40 Years 1979 (Xtra Old Particular)
- Worthy Park 2007 (Thompson Brothers for TWE)
- Old Rhosdhu 1990 (Nectar of the Daily Drams)
- Glen Elgin 1995 (Nectar of the Daily Drams)
- Glenlivet 2007 First-fill sherry for LMdW