Compass Box Menagerie
Compass Box Menagerie is an upcoming limited edition, bringing together some of the strange and beautiful creatures that live in the whisky world. At the core of this blended malt is 43% of Mortlach whisky from recharred barrels, topped up with more or less equal parts of Deanston, Compass Box’ Highland Malt blend and Glen Elgin malt, as well as a small dose of Laphroaig (5%).
It was created by John Glaser, it will be bottled in January 2021 with an expected outcome of 7741 bottles.
Macallan Anecdotes of Age Collection
Some time ago I reported on a slightly enigmatic Macallan label which showed all kinds of historical figures, a cow, a squirrel and a man holding a salmon.
Recently two very similar labels appeared and they seem to be part of a new Macallan Anecdotes of Age Collection. It comprises of 348 bottles of a limited single malt whisky distilled in 1967, which is bottled with 13 different labels. They’re reproduction of a limited edition print which will be held in archive by The Macallan.
We believe the labels could be in colour eventually but they can’t give away the actual piece of art, right?
GlenAllachie 11 Years Bolgheri Superiore // GlenAllachie 13 Years Rioja Wine finish
Two new wine finishes from GlenAllachie distillery:
- GlenAllachie 11 Years Bolgheri Superiore wine finish
- GlenAllachie 13 Years Rioja wine finish
Both are supposedly red wine finishes, bottled at 48% ABV.
Whisky releases that may not have been widely announced but that grabbed my attention in shops recently…
- Bunnahabhain 1987 (Hunter Laing Old & Rare)
- Benromach Contrasts: Peat Smoke 2009
- Glenlivet 1990 G&M Connoisseurs Choice
- Port Charlotte Islay Barley 2012
- Caol Ila 40 Years 1979 Xtra Old Particular
- Kentucky Owl Batch #9
- Speyside Malt 1973 (The Whisky Agency)
- Glendronach 1993 for Scotchwhisky.com
- Caperdonich 25 Years Peated (Batch #2)
- Appleton 25 Years ‘The Hearts Collection’